Sunday, November 26, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

As the story goes, I was told that I could NOT take the rocking horse home with me. Apparently, I picked it up to prove that I COULD take it with me. However, the issue was one of permission, not ability.

What else can I do? Make a mean turkey dinner one day, drive 3 and 1/2 hours each way for turkey dinner the next day, convince toll booth workers to accept 50 cents in pennies, unwrap a portable DVD player meant for Christmas and give it to my children early to "try it out" on our long trip.

But can I convince my children to go to sleep tonight? We shall see. . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That picture of you hoisting the rocking horse turned out to be quite the foreshadowing of who you would grow up to be, didn't it. :-)

Mrs. Rellim said...

Are you commenting on my very large husband? Or my bull-headedness? Or my perfectly sculpted biceps?