Sunday, December 31, 2006

New Year's Eve

Leftover pork chops, way-spicy nachos, carrots and chocolate chips were the menu items. Mike went to Family Video to choose, well, some family videos. He returned with Pirates of the Carribean 1 & 2 as well as Larry the Cable Guy. I guess the kids and I will find something on TV instead.

Speaking of TV, I put on my best "Mom" voice and announced to the kids that since they are almost 9 and 11 years old, tonight they will be allowed to stay up to watch the ball drop at Times Square and ring in the new year. I was expecting cheers of elation. Instead I got, "What?! That's Eastern Standard Time, Mom! It will be only 11:00 here!!"

When did they learn about time zones anyway? And why are they pulling out daily geography information now? It's vacation time!

Back to the nachos . . .

No comments: