Sunday, January 21, 2007

Airport Logic

Someone, please, please help me understand . . .

Why did Mr. Rellim insist on driving to the airport two hours east of here to fly four hours west instead of driving to the airport two-and-a-half hours west of here to take a direct flight ? I don't get it.

Maybe Mr. Rellim will be able to think up an answer for me tonight. He's waiting for my sister to pick him up at the airport. All the flights have been cancelled tonight due to snow.

My dad says that the entire problem centers on the fact that he hasn't had a woman (me) with him for a few days to tell him what to do. Basically, he told me, that's how most men get into trouble in the first place.

My conversation with my parents deteriorated rapidly from that point as my mom hung up and my dad laughed maniacally (Did I spell that right?).

Obviously, Dad had not consulted with Mom before lending that bit of advice to me.

No comments: