Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Gifted Education

They call it GE in fifth grade. And last night I got a small taste of why Rachel has been selected for the class. As she explained to me: "Mom, I just don't understand why my friend has the ability to meet the requirements to achieve good grades, but is completely unable to think outside the bun - I LOVE TACO BELL! Ya know what I mean? I mean, you have to be able to think outside the box and integrate information you learn and use it in other arenas. Ya know if I had a choice of being intelligent or being wise, I would choose being wise because wise people use the knowledge they have in proper ways. Intelligent people just think things to but can't function outside a textbook classroom. Ya know?

I told Rachel that was insightful, though quite deep for a Monday afternoon.

No comments: