Saturday, June 16, 2007

We've only just begun


Stayed in Chattanooga last night and the kids and I ate at an IHOP while mike made the first pig swap. Don't tell Mike we ate without him - he loves IHOP. Made three pig deliveries today, added coolant, replaced wiper blades and am currently using the computer at a boar stud in southern Georgia (Thank you kindly, Mr. C.). I got a great picture of a boar tour, our first official stop on our vacation. Dirt (more like sand) really is red. Temperature is hot. People are friendly. Trailer is officially empty. Tonight . . . Florida.

Funny things so far: After driving for about 6 hours, Rachel suddenly exclaimed, "We have to stop! My eyes hurt and I can't feel my nose!" I think she's better now. Quinn continues to listen on headphones to the overhead DVD player while working his Gameboy magic. A large clothes basket of snacks, books and games separate the two in the backseat.

Stay tuned.

No comments: