Monday, May 18, 2009

Clean Your Room!

My friend's 13-year-old daughter got a surprise today. Her mother signed her out of school at 10:30 am so she could appropriately clean her bedroom. I know - it sounds harsh, until you learn that two full bags of trash were hauled out of the small space. Bedroom artifacts included a half-eaten, molding cheeseburger and a Sunny D chemistry experiment. My friend said that her own room may not be perfectly clean, but it does NOT contain poison.

She asked if she had won the Worst Mom Award for the day. I told her that I would be more likely to vote Most Creative Mom. You?

1 comment:

Whitney said...

That would certainly get the attention of a teenager. And to have to go back to school the next day and explain to friends that her room was such a pig sty (no offense to the pigs, Mike) she had to be taken out of school to clean it? EXcellent.