Saturday, July 25, 2009

Pop

I remembered something about my grandfather's (We called him Pop.) funeral nearly 13 years ago. At the gravesite, the casket started to slide off the little platform thingy just before the ceremony. My grandmother (She goes by "Nan.") cried out, "Ooooh!" but the movement stopped and all was well. I chose to laugh, though I was mostly alone in that choice. But I knew that Pop would have thought it all to be very funny. I think their relationship was built mostly upon how much rise one could get out of the other. I consider that his final little jab.

1 comment:

wagmom said...

hahaha! A similar thing happened when Brad's grandma died. At the cemetery one of the pallbearers slipped into the opened grave! He was about halfway in when someone grabbed him out. It was winter and probably slippery. But, we laughed~ probably it was inappropriate :) She would have laughed!