Saturday, August 15, 2009

Raccoon


"Wes told me he saw raccoons the other night," said Mrs. Neighbor. "Wes said they are really big and got into his trash cans and that he's had to strap them closed at night."

I nodded and smiled and walked to the side of the house to continue picking up sticks. It was then that I noticed what Mrs. Neighbor had meant to say was, "Your trash can is dumped over and your trash is spilling into my yard. And I've been home all day today looking at your trash can and its contents spilling into my yard. I've been planning what to say to you all day long about how irritating that is to me, but decided to wait until you returned home from work and play mind games with you. I realize I could have picked it up for you or even just pointed it out to you right away, but I'm crazy-whacko!"

I think I will set our small animal trap near our trash can. I wonder if Mrs. Neighbor will watch a captured raccoon in the trap all day long. I hope her precious pooch doesn't get too close!

No comments: