Thursday, November 12, 2009

Aha!


I came across a box of old love letters last night and Mike and I were reading them and laughing. We were only 15 & 18 when we started dating and the "love banter" was truly hilarious. Plus, the letters stretched over seven years. Rachel was rolling her eyes and trying not to gag. But I did gain an insight into why the Twilight saga had pulled me in - I lived that adolescent love triangle. And still, I vote Team Edward - um . . . I mean Team Mike!

I also realized that the art (I'm using that term loosely.) of the love letter is being lost to emails and texts. I wonder if ours will be the last generation with an old box of letters?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Forget about love notes... I want to know if you still have the assignment that got you in so much hot water with Mrs. Brucker! One of the more memorable 4th grade moments for me...

Jeeez!    (If you get that, you have a really good memory!)

Mrs. Rellim said...

John? Who are you? Slagel? Russell? Beyer?
Here it is:
"Sometimes Mrs. Brucker really bugs you. First she hollers then she hugs you." Then I sold it to classmates for ten cents each.

Jeeez! She would get so mad when we said that.

Was there more?

Unknown said...

(Beyer)

I just remember you had to get up and read it in front of the class...seems pretty tame now.

I came home and told my mom about her 10 minute tirade about how 'Jeeez' was short for Jesus Christ. I think my mom ended up finally telling her it was short for 'gee whiz'.

Had to love her...she was related to me!

Whitney said...

Is Mike sporting a mini-mullet in this picture? You are both adorable. You look like 1982 cake toppers. :-)

Mrs. Rellim said...

Yes. Mini-mullet. Mike's mom would even perm the longer hair in the back and the well water would turn it orange in the summer!

Sara Ott said...

What classic stories! This is so cute! Doug says, "Big Mike...(sigh)."