Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Going Rogue



Really, really good read. I believe this woman is intelligent, practical and a hard worker. She really did get "The Chicago Treatment" after the election, being bogged down with bogus ethics complaints so that she and her staff were unable to govern. Sarah's father is quoted as saying something like, "She's not quitting - she's reloading."

I'm supportive of normal people with real job experiences and real families being in politics. Unfortunately, because of the enormous publicity (fair or not), erratic schedules and high stress, we tend to get politicians who are less in touch with normal America. Why? I think it's because of the difficulty of trying to raise a family in that environment.

I have a good friend from high school who always espoused high political ambitions - until he married a lovely lady and had three wonderful children. I still think he might run for office someday. I'd vote for him.

No comments: