Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Senseless

The reality of dead and wounded in Tucson is nearly being overshadowed by a bickering, politically motivated media. I hope that America learns that its citizens have individual responsibility - that governance from within is greater than any laws that can be made. "Men, in a word, must necessarily be controlled either by a power within them, or a power without them; either by the word of God, or by the strong arm of man; either by the Bible or by the bayonet" (Bill Federer, American Quotations, 2001). But can America come to her senses?

"In the end, the gunman has something in common with all us: he's a fallen human being. And that won't be cured by peace rallies or kinder dialogue. The only thing that can save this man is the only thing that can save any of us: God's grace. Today, we pray for that grace for our nation. By that, I don't mean a moment of silence. I mean earnest prayers to the Creator and Sustainer of humanity. We ask for God's physical healing for the hurting, emotional healing for the grieving, and spiritual healing for this, a deeply conflicted America."
--Family Research Council President Tony Perkins

1 comment:

Whitney said...

I am praying for all of the victims and their families and for the shooter and his family. It seems obvious to me that he has something wrong with his brain; either a psychiatric disorder or a tumor. I'm just praying for everybody.

And myself.

For example, I wonder why I have more sympathy for someone like the guy who shot these people in AZ than I do for the man who kidnapped two and killed one of the Idaho siblings several years ago; the bastards involved in the Beslan school hostage nightmare; the people who kidnapped Johnny Gosch and Jacob Wetterling; etc.