Thursday, February 24, 2011

Union Dues

I've learned that some of my union dues are being used to rent charter buses that will take me to the capital for "rally day." There will be no charge - but make sure to let the union representative know that I'm going so they can have my free lunch ready for me. Need a sub for work? No problem - just contact another union representative who will arrange for union funds to pay that sub.

What I really need is a break from the pervasive entitlement attitude (and the $650/yr in mandatory union dues).

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Amen. Do you do the fair share option? I have to pay 85% of the full union dues just to work as an SLP in my district.

Whitney said...

Gary just told me if you search "right to work" there is a way to petition to get that money back. Looking into it....