Friday, March 18, 2011

Artificial Intelligence?

Rachel and I were using the Tom Tom today but decided to take a different route than suggested. The little Tom Tom kept telling us to turn left, then turn left. We didn't. Over and over again we defied the little GPS instructions. We began to wonder if the Tom Tom would become angry with us. Because if someone kept driving in the opposite direction that I had said, I would get angry. I'm worried that tomorrow the Tom Tom might give me the wrong directions, having learned of my penchant to disobey. How smart is my Tom Tom?

1 comment:

Whitney said...

I rode around with my mom after she got her Garmin navigation device. She took GREAT pleasure (and burned a lot of gas unnecessarily) in turning the wrong way just to hear the Australian accented lady say, "Recalculating!"

Australian lady sounded p.o.'d and my mom liked that.