Thursday, June 09, 2011

Living the Interruptions

Sunday's sermon was talking to me. Life is about serving others - even when I think I having some "me" time. Jesus served others his entire life on earth. His walk was interrupted by the woman in the crowd who touched his cloak. He stopped to find her and heal her. Men lowered a paralytic friend through the roof of a home where Jesus was preaching. Jesus welcomed the interruption to heal the man's legs. The blind man sitting on the side of the road . . . the low wine supply at the wedding in Cana. . . .

It's a good thing no one asked me about getting some more wine. I would have said, "What?! Didn't you know how many people were coming to this party? You should have planned ahead! You should have been prepared!"

So, today I'm being more intentional about paying attention to others and cheerfully welcoming what I would typically label "distractions." So I guess if you want to stop in to visit unexpectedly, today would be a good day.

No comments: