Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Day Six - Rainy Day Edition

Mike and I took a short trip to Manteo Island to see Roanoke's Lost Colony and the Elizabethan Gardens. In the prelude to the storm, there were waaaay too many mosquitos. The kids, having decided to stay home and sleep in, missed the short window of sunshine and are now driving me crazy. Maybe it started with the ceiling leaking in the kitchen as the wind and rain picked up. Or the wrestling in the living area. Or Mike's great idea to start a beach fire (illegal here) in the Coleman charcoal grill. Or the giant sand message reading, "YOLO!" (You Only Live Once) when I glanced out to see my entire family "wading" in the wind-whipped surf. Or the profanity-laced rap music blaring when I got out of the shower moments ago. Yes, it's true that I snapped the pirated CD into bits with my bare hands while wearing only my bath towel. I believe I may have frightened them a bit because there is only quiet murmuring from the bedrooms now. The plan is to climb the tallest brick lighthouse in the country tomorrow. And then climb back down.

No comments: