Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Again?!

I didn't anticipate a loss for Romney.  I've been feeling blue all day.  Got my daily email from the Family Research Council and began to cheer up a bit.  Here is an excerpt:

"Until then, our mission is as critical as ever. It's time to get up, dust ourselves off, and trust in God's ability to work in dire situations. "Put not your trust in princes, in a son of man, in whom there is no salvation," writes the Psalmist, "When his breath departs he returns to earth; on that very day his plans perish. Blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the Lord ..." (146:3-5). We do not serve victory; we serve God. And to Him, in these anxious times, we turn."

Anxious times, indeed.  Especially for those of us who look forward to decreasing take-home pay beginning January first.  Especially for those of us who anticipate increasing health care premiums.  Stop.  I could rant for the next four years.  Instead, I will despair briefly, but not disengage.  America is not beyond repair.  The restoration must come from a transformation of individual hearts and minds.

1 comment:

Whitney said...

I had an intense pity party this week but I have declared it over. I'm trying to focus on the positive.