Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Social Skills

I love working with kids - typical or not.  My friend, Whitney works with middle school aged kids who a little extra help.  Usually, it's with pragmatic skills.  This one looks like he might need a biology lesson.  She tells the funny story here.

I have some funny stories to tell this week:
1.  A student told me that she is going to be a cat when she grows up.  I told her, "Good luck with that."
2.  I encouraged one student to use The Force to get his friend to walk in the hallway.  Better than Darth himself, this little man got his friend to walk like a soldier with just the wave of his hand.
3.  While sitting around a small table with two young boys, one tried to pick his nose while no one was looking.  (Pretty much someone in such a small group is always looking.)  He ended up sitting there with his pointer finger in the air, waiting . . . waiting . . . waiting... and POKE!  "Ouch!" he shouted.

No comments: