Thursday, May 23, 2013

Shower Shuffle

It's not unusual to hear a bottle of shampoo hit the floor during a shower.  We don't have adequate shelf space for the 27 bottles of hair product, shaving cream, body wash and facial cleansers that Rachel likes to keep close to her, so many are precariously balanced around the sides of the tub and top of the shower-surround. 

But I wasn't prepared for the cacophony of shower bottle kersplats I heard last night.  I actually wondered if Mr. Rellim was having a seizure in the shower.  Thankfully, that was not the case.  What happened was one bottle fell on the temperature controller and turned the hot water to "full steam."  The subsequent falling bottles were the result of Mike's frantic attempts to avoid the hot water while fumbling to turn off the faucet.

I couldn't help but laugh.  And laugh and laugh and laugh.  Mostly because it didn't happen to me and nobody was permanently injured.

No comments: