Thursday, August 08, 2013

The Midas Touch

Midas told me that I needed new tires.  I just figured they meant I should start thinking about new tires.  I had no idea that they meant my right front tire was going to blow as my son merged onto the interstate yesterday.  It took me a few seconds to realize that we weren't being followed by a bunch of Harleys.

It took some problem-solving to find the notch where the tiny jack should be placed - and some searching for the small tire iron, but Quinn and I did it.  Rachel's job was to sit in the backseat and call people to tell them of the terrifying experience and randomly screech instructions out the window while massive trucks rolled by.

Thanks to DS for his support in the matter by taking his lunch break to check up on us.

1 comment:

Whitney said...

And I thank you for the laughs you deliver on this blog. Keep them coming.

Also happy you all survived a blow out.