Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Time



"Whether it is the best of times or the worst of times, it is the only time we've got." 

— Art Buchwald

And it's time for me to go to bed, but if I don't tell you these things, they will slip my mind.

1.  Quinn has been taunting me for months that he is going to go to the pound and rescue a dog.  I don't want a dog.  They make me sneeze.  They make him sneeze, for goodness sake!  He tells me frequently, "Dad and I are going to get a German Shepherd behind your back." Oh!  What a day that would be.



2.  During a short road trip, Quinn learned that large orange barrels trump painted white lines in construction zones.
3.  Quinn was outside buffing his right front fender.  He said, "I'm trying to wipe off the Arby's drive-through."  I was trying to figure out how he spilled ketchup or whatever on the front of his car, and then I thought - Oh!  - the actual drive-through.
4.  On the way to the allergist this morning, Quinn was excitedly talking about the different breeds of dogs he was going to rescue.  He is actually looking forward to beginning immunotherapy.  Then he started spouting off about something else and I just had to correct him.  In response, he shouted, "HEY!  I might be an idiot, but I'm not stupid!"
5.  Look!  Quinn is still allergic to stuff.  Lots of stuff.  And that is just his right upper arm.  Allergists find lots of places to poke.  The doctor is pointing to the cat and dog test spots.

 

1 comment:

Whitney said...

My arm looks like that, too, for dogs and cats. Cats are worse so...no cats. But dogs? They are totally worth the Benadryl subscription. :-P