Friday, October 09, 2015

Not the PC Type

My friend, Steve complained of my lack of blog posts and told me, "You're slipping, Kurth!"  Well, I've worked to remediate that today.  Here goes:

My parents are staying with my sister's four-year-old daughter in her new home while my sister is away on business.  I talked to Dad yesterday, who told me about this game he and my niece, Evelyn play called "Where in the World?"  Basically, they "travel" to different windows or corners or balconies in the home and pretend they are in different countries. Evelyn guesses what country they are in based on my Dad's accent and what they will be doing while in that country.

In Evelyn's favorite country, my Dad reportedly says, "Hola, chica!  Let's eat rice and beans then go to America where we can get everything for free."

Just reporting the news here.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad I got the hell away from my racist hometown with its racist people.

Unknown said...

The Holocaust illustrates the consequences of prejudice, racism and stereotyping on a society. It forces us to examine the responsibilities of citizenship and confront the powerful ramifications of indifference and inaction.

Tim Holden

Whitney said...

Dying....

Whitney said...

https://www.thefire.org/can-we-take-a-joke-to-make-world-premiere-at-doc-nyc/