Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Her Shoes are made for Walking

. . . to Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. This will be the fifth movie and we plan on taking the kids. We have read the book together (twice, actually) and I think they are adequately prepared for the intense actions and emotions. Rachel thinks she is going to wake up at midnight and walk (7 miles) to the movie theater in order to catch the first showing. I think she's got a few details to work out in her plan.

By the way, I believe that Professor Snape, although mean and to Harry, is still on the side of GOOD and will actually sacrifice himself in order to save Harry and destroy Voldemort in the seventh book (which releases on the 21st). My second-choice scenario is that Neville will be the hero and sacrificial character. However politically correct it may be in literary themes to off Harry as he simultaneously destroys Voldemort, I just don't think that JK Rowling's child audience could handle that. I don't think I could handle that.

No comments: