Sunday, October 14, 2007

Frugality

I took my downtown Chicago sister to a favorite downstate thrift store Saturday. The "special" that day was the chance to fill a flimsy plastic bag with an unlimited number of items for $10. There were restrictions, of course - no tearing, stretching, breaking or exploding the bag. After the satisfying shopping experience, the clerk counted each item stuffed in the bag and congratulated us because we were the leaders so far that day for the most items in one bag.

Although I'm not sure what the winner will receive, I couldn't resist shouting to the other customers on the way out the door, "So long, losers!"

Let's see . . . 52 items for $10 = 5.2 cents per item. I've got Christmas whipped!

Math for Dummies update: Ten dollars divided by 52 is about 19 cents. Now I feel ripped off.

1 comment:

Sara Ott said...

Marcie, you do math like I do!!

Did you find that dress at the thrift shop that Rachel's wearing in the picture? It's beautiful!