Sunday, October 21, 2007

Nazareth

Nazareth is the name of the comedian who entertained us tonight at church. We sat in the front row and quickly learned that part of his routine depended on audience participation. He learned I am a speech path, so whenever he crossed to my side of the stage, he stood up straight and spoke slowly and clearly. He asked many people about their professions - including Mike.

Mike looked at me before answering, "I am in sales." Nazareth pressed on, "What do you sell?" Mike looked at me again, then answered, "Agricultural products." Nazareth chided him for needing my permission to speak, when Quinn suddenly shouted, "Pig semen! My dad sells pig semen!" The crowd exploded in laughter as Nazareth said, "Oh! Well, at least someone in the family knows what you do!"

It was then obvious that this Christian comedian could think of no "clean" way to make fun of pig semen sales. Nazareth proceeded to walk in a circle around the stage, commenting on random items while the crowd continued to roar. Next to me sat Quinn who kept asking what was so funny.

If you ever have the chance, go see this man!

1 comment:

Whitney said...

OH, I wish we could have been there! Nothing is funnier than pig semen!