Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Bus Stop


I met the kids at the bus stop after school and Rachel reported that "after giving adequate verbal warning," she was forced to punch a boy who rides their bus. She told me that she hit him in the chest ". . . right above the heart where Dad says it hurts the most". She said that she was trying to protect Quinn because this boy was throwing peanuts at him.

I asked Quinn why someone was doing this and he said, "Well, people who don't know me think I look funny. I mean, check this out!" He then pulled down his hood to show me his hair, which he is trying to grow. (It's growing alright - straight OUT from his head!) I laughed. I laughed even harder when he told me that even kids from his own class today asked him, "What happened? Did you touch a jolt of lightening or something?"

Surprisingly, Quinn still refuses to get his hair cut.

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Has he seen Napoleon Dynamite?