Sunday, March 23, 2008

Over the River

. . . through the woods, two barren fields, and across the ditch and into oncoming traffic. Poor Bambi.

"Not Bambi," said Mr. Rellim, "Bambi's mother."

"Not Bambi," said the police officer, "Bambi's pregnant mother."

The police officer asked that I sit in his vehicle while he wrote up the incident report using a computer with many drop-down lists for filling in the blanks. Among many other things, he asked, "How would you describe yourself? Normal?"

"What are the choices?" I asked.

He didn't laugh.

I tried not to laugh as he struggled to transform his arm rest into a printer. It was my first ride in a police cruiser. I wanted to remain in the front.

Oh, Happy Day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Whitney said...

Snazz it up with some duct tape and nobody will notice: Gary's boo boo

(Glad you're okay.)