Friday, April 18, 2008

4:36 am

While visions of sugar plums danced in my head, I was rudely awakened at 4:36 am by my son running down the hallway shouting, "Something strange is happening!!" I was alert enough to notice that he was not running from his room, but from the living room, and that the TV was on. I was also aware of the house shaking.

It was then that Rachel started shouting, "Earthquake! Earthquake! We are having an earthquake! What time is it?! Everybody take cover!" How amazing that she can wake from a sound sleep and begin shouting orders. Mr. Rellim says she gets that skill from me.

Not sure why Quinn was awake, but I'm considering telling him that God made the house shake in order to let me know that he was up watching TV instead of sleeping. I don't know. "Watch out for the big fish!" isn't working for me anymore.

The morning news just confirmed this earthquake was a 5.4 and lasted for 20 seconds. Yup. The last time we had an earthquake (several years ago), I yelled at Quinn to stop jumping, "You're making the whole house shake!"

No comments: