Thursday, April 17, 2008

This Morning

This morning at 7:45 I noticed Quinn walking slowly to the bus stop (too slowly). I decided to meet him at school at 8:00, where he admitted he had "a light head." He had a positive strep test (and bilateral ear infection) at the pediatrician's office at 10:30.

How can I be so super-sensitive to his cues and so off-the-mark with Rachel's?

Maybe it has to do with the fact that my brain has been shrinking since age 35. It must be true. I read it last night in a new book "Where Did I Leave My Glasses? The What, When and Why of Normal Memory Loss" by Martha Weinman Lear. Mrs. Bickerson, you'd better get yourself a copy!

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Gary (Mr. Memory Palace) would say it's because you love that kid more. (Does the first born read your blog? If so, you might want to delete this comment.) I think it's just the SLP in you: in tune with all things SLP-related.

I am really sorry about the strep troubles! We must plan our summer get-together soon.

We're similar in our preference for nonfiction lit. I am trying hard to enjoy Ann Patchett's Bel Canto but I read about 2.5 pages per night before dozing off. Give me an unauthorized biography of Tom Cruise and I am up 'till the wee hours.