Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Date Night

Our exciting date night was crudely interrupted when my husband couldn't remember my birth date.

We had been running errands without the kids and making good time (I didn't say romantic, only exciting.). Our last stop was at the grocery store and I was wheeling and dealing in order to get the sale price on toilet paper, while he was trying to pay for the other items. Suddenly he needs to know my birth date. I wouldn't give it to him even though he asked nicely. He asked again and I just scowled at him. People were waiting behind him in line so he just tried a random PIN number, hoping it was correct. It was not. As the checkout man sighed, I practically shouted the numbers to him in order to move things along. So now, not only did everyone in the store hear my PIN, which I have quickly changed, my husband is totally busted.

Of course, we've only known each other since 1986. There is still time for him to learn details of my life history.

1 comment:

Whitney said...

It's comforting to know we're not alone.