Monday, October 04, 2010

I Corinthians 15:58

I didn't want to volunteer at church last Wednesday. I was tired. Probably they wouldn't miss me anyway, right?

Then I opened a letter from Ricardo, our Compassion International child who lives in Bolivia with his parents and four other siblings in a tiny home the size of our living room - maybe. For whom our Christmas Gift of $100 purchased shoes and clothing for all of them. And food. And a new roof.

He reminded me of this verse from I Corintians 15:58 (NLT):
So, my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and immovable. Always work enthusiastically for the Lord, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless.

So I went to church with a cheerful heart and renewed spirit - because of a boy thousands of miles away who was moved to write a simple Bible verse for me.

Thanks, Ricardo.

1 comment:

wagmom said...

beautiful :) thanks for sharing.