Thursday, November 11, 2010

Antique Shopping


Mom and I were at a local antique shop today and noticed a funny three-legged chair near the check-out counter. The tag said, "authentic German birthing chair." Of course, I had to check it out. I loudly pondered how something like this could work. "Wouldn't you get splinters?" The antique shop owner suggested that I change my position slightly on the chair in order to understand the complete ergonomic effect. In doing so, the chair promptly cracked into five pieces and collapsed under me. Fortunately, I did not break the glass display cases that were on either side of me. And I did land on my softest body part.

The owner began laughing hysterically before she apologized and asked if I was OK. "Sorry," she said, "but that was just the funniest thing I've seen in a long time."

I was just happy that she didn't ask me to pay for it.

1 comment:

wagmom said...

Only you, Marcie! Gosh, that was hilarious!