Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas!


Joy to the world! The Lord is come!
I was large with child on two separate Christmas evenings not long ago. I was only six and seven months pregnant in '95 and '97, but remember empathizing with Mary in terms of physical comfort. She must have been anxious, but she had already told the angel, "Let it be done to me as you have said."

May you hold on to faith as Mary did - faith that God holds you in the very palm of his hand and that he has a plan for your life. We don't know what those plans are, but we know that we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us. My goal is to let him live through me today.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Lots of love to you and Mike and the kids. I am so thankful to have you aas a friend. Merry Christmas.