Friday, May 13, 2011

Fast Break

At halftime of the soccer game, Rachel's team was up six to zip. The coach decided to liven things up a bit by pulling Rachel out of the goalie cage and onto the field. Within minutes, Rachel was making a fast break toward the goal. She was soccer-dribbling like nobody's business when suddenly, as she briefly looked up to assess her distance from goal, she tripped and fell. It wasn't a cool "trip, roll, recover" kind of fall. It was more of a "trip, mis-kick, slip, thud, fetal position" maneuver.

Mike and I laughed our butts off! Her coach was heard to say, "And that's why she's our goalie!"

Could this be the reason our daughter isn't talking to us right now?

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Being a parent is hard. I'm trying to remember how sensitive I was to things like that but it was so. long. ago. Hank is not speaking to me tonight, in fact he actually said the words, "I wish you weren't my mom," because he wanted to go to some school event we had knowledge of only after I bought tickets to the Twin's game.