Monday, April 20, 2009

New Name

Yesterday, Rachel stayed home from church due to bad sunburn, little sleep and a load of homework. Plus, she was supposed to clean up her room (at least so we could see the floor).

Homework and room chores were completed by mid-afternoon, but I was shocked to find the rest of the house a mess. I found cookie crumbs, 2 bags of frozen fruit and three books in my bed (none of them belonging to me). I found an apple that had been spray-painted gold on my kitchen table, an eyelash curler in the garage on top of the deep freeze, three glasses of ice water in the living room, a bunch of stray alcohol swabs in front of the TV, a rock spray-painted gold in the computer room and a creation of muddy handprints on the side of the house. There was a mostly-eaten PopTart balanced atop a throw pillow and a wad of Kleenexes on the coffee table.

I think I may change her name to Master of Chaos.

No comments: