Friday, April 03, 2009

The Truth

My neighbor annoys the heck out of me! Every time I see her, I wave and smile. Every day she speaks to me it's something new. Today she insinuated that her dog is smarter than my children because her dog understands that the ugly brown stakes along the property line indicate the end of her territory. Then she informed me that she would not be replacing the privacy fence between us because of it costing $8,000. I don't know who gave her that estimate. Someone who didn't want to do the work?

I thought I'd help her out, so I just planted thirteen ornamental grasses on our side of the property line. They should grow to be eight to ten feet high and two feet wide. They were free. Mrs. neighbor is all in a dither. Maybe I should have made the line a bit straighter . . . or spaced them equally apart. . . .

Hmmm . . . what to do with the $8K I just saved? How is this not loving your neighbor?

1 comment:

ChrisMc said...

Knowing Mrs. Neighbor, I just have to smile. Maybe the grasses will prompt the privacy fence to go back up.

Remind me to tell you a fence story from the old days when Mrs. N lived in my neighborhood.