Tuesday, July 18, 2006

38 Days of Coughing

So I take the boy to see his PA-C (that's a Physician's Assistant - Certified) today because he continues to wake (me!) in the night with coughing and inhalatory stridor. I've determined this is not due to asthma or GERD and hypothesize it may be laryngospasm (Remember the "Ingo" part of the word, Mrs. Bickerson?) or paradoxical vocal cord movement or just some weird learned behavior that gets his mother's attention immediately. Our PA-C agrees it may be a behavior (albeit involuntary) and suggests we use some cough medicine with codeine in it to keep him in a deeper sleep to attempt extinguishing the coughing behavior. After a long day of sassiness from the children, I'm thinking, "Hey, why not give the medicine to BOTH of them?! And me too!" But I didn't. Any comments?

No comments: