Saturday, March 24, 2007

In the Vent


Doing a little bit of spring cleaning today, I decided to take up the floor vents, wash and re-paint them. Next, I (shudder) reached my hand down into the vents to clean out dust bunnies. Well, what to my disgusted fingers should materialize, but a piece of Quinn's homework from Kindergarten, Christmas tree needles (We haven't had a real tree in about four years.), popsicle sticks, sucker sticks, a quarter, toys from the toddler days in our home and a bottle cap (that certainly cannot be blamed on the children).

I'm taking a break to build up my nerve to clean out the other twelve vents in the house. Could be a long day . . .

1 comment:

Sara Ott said...

haha!! I found about $10 in change, a library book, and a missing swimsuit in the vents on my recent cleaning. I was glad about the change but somewhat embarrassed about the book as I had hotly protested to the library man that I must have turned it in to the library because it was NOWHERE in my house. Well, I was close.

Hey, we were in town this weekend. I tried to call but missed you--sorry for being such a last minute planner! I hope you're well and we see you soon.
Sara