Monday, March 26, 2007

Orthodontist and Otolaryngologist

I can tell you about the lost retainer now that I've sufficiently cooled. You see, like many young people with a new retainer, Quinn threw his away with his lunch tray (less than 2 weeks after having received it). Unfortunately (for him), he was honest enough to let me know that he realized he had thrown it away "right when I dumped my food into the trash can."

So why didn't he reach in right then and retrieve the device? Because he wanted to be the first one to his room for inside recess. They were playing Pinball Panic on the computer.

I told him that one of the first signs of addiction is when you make poor choices (like leaving your $300.00 retainer on the top of the trash) in order to get a fix (in his case, of a video game).

Well, all that's behind us now, right? We took a trip to the orthodontist this morning and got his brand-new retainer (that should last about 3 months, depending upon how quickly he grows). Doesn't he look awesome?!

Oh! Our next trip will be to the otolaryngologist. His eardrum ruptured (again) last night. I thought maybe after about 18 months of being ear-infection-free we had finally left them behind. . .

1 comment:

Whitney said...

He looks very handsome!