Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Early Morning Surprise

The alarm went off at 6 am this morning and Mike left for work (or so I thought). I can't really be sure of anything that happens when I'm mostly asleep. At 6:20 I heard loud music and singing that found its way into my driveway, which is outside my bedroom window. I kept wondering why teenagers were out driving around so early and if our neighbors were going to anonymously call the police again.

So, I lifted my sleepy head to peer out the window and found my husband standing in the drive, hands in the air, singing his heart out to his car radio. Unfortunately, I don't remember what he was singing. I only know that his intentions were honorable. He just wanted to serenade his wife before leaving for work.

I know our neighbors are counting the days until school starts again and quiet will reign between 8-3 at our house.

Serenade Update: Mr. Rellim informed me that he was singing "Hooked on a Feeling" (I'm high on believing that you're in love with me.)

No comments: