Sunday, August 10, 2008

Relay for Life

My sister Jamie and I walked with Mom and Dad in their county cancer survivor walk (Mom had melanoma a few years ago.). Not sure why, but Dad signed us up to walk between midnight and 1:00 am. When we arrived the high school track was illuminated with uhh . .. luminaries! I thought some were in "memory" and some were in "honor" of cancer survivors. After walking a lap, I asked my mom where her luminary was. My dad said, "Those are for deceased people." Jamie said, "Yeah, well . . . I'm glad we couldn't find one with your name on it."

Guess you had to be there - in a sleep-deprived state - for it to be as funny as I thought it was at the time.

BTW, Happy birthday, Jamie! This is your final year in your early thirties!

1 comment:

Idea #527 said...

I love your sister Jamie! I can imagine the sarcasm that dripped off of her comment.

I also think that Rachel takes after her!