Wednesday, June 24, 2009

100.8

Quinn complained of being hot and tired this morning. He took his temperature with the digital thermometer and it read 100.8. I thought it would probably read that hot on anyone today because it's so hot outside. I had just come in from a long walk and decided to check the calibration myself, so popped the thermometer in my mouth. It read 98.4 despite the fact that I was glistening with perspiration (Ladies don't sweat.).

Bad news. He has strep. The pediatrician loves it when I bring in my son and say, "He's been running a fever for about 2 hours now and is complaining of general malaise. I think he has strep. I know you wouldn't guess that based on the fact that he is spinning on your doctor stool and singing, but you'll have to trust me. This really is a significant decrease in energy."

No comments: