Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Last Day of School

Finally! The funniest part of the day was the syntactic error in the limerick written for the retirees. Following the yummy luncheon, a power point presentation was given and someone read, " . . . we thank you all we can for all the programs you have ran . . ." I can't even remember anything else about it at all. I was concentrating on not laughing. I'm sure it was sincere and touching, but I couldn't get past the irony of the entire situation. Thankfully, I had stepped to the back of the group to take a phone call (Quinn was calling to tell me he had a nosebleed.). Maybe our new Secy of Education will work on improving national standards in education - after he launches the new curriculum for the Kindergarteners.

2 comments:

Sara Ott said...

Yes, you're right--the irony's rich with this one! I'm so glad you're out of school... it's fun to hear from you during the day! The dentures story's great. Way better than misplaced glasses...you should blog it!

wagmom said...

hilarious! I notice things like this every day :)