Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Honesty

In the elementary school building where I work, we have a Virtue Word of the Week.  At least we used to have them.  I think someone figured out that the virtues are actually moral characteristics that one should aspire to acquire and that their basis is found in the Bible.  Now we have Virtue Words that aren't officially talked about.

Anyway, I was in a Kindergarten classroom today and having a difficult time keeping the kids' attention.  They were squirming and talking instead of fully participating with my activity.  As I prepared to leave, the teacher told the students that she was disappointed in their listening behavior.  One of the cutest, loudest, squirmiest little boys shouted, "Like me!  I wasn't listening or paying attention!"

Who said virtues are a thing of the past?

No comments: