Monday, January 07, 2013

Irony

And I guess that's why they call it the blues.

One more payment and it's mine.

It was raining when I picked up Momma from jail in my truck.

It was the best of times.  It was the worst of times.

Squirrel!! (from National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation)

None of the above really fits, so I guess I'll have to make up a country song.  The song will be about getting a Christmas bonus, using it to pay off the loan on Rachel's truck, then towing the truck to the salvage yard two days later.  It will be about lessons learned - like wearing winter coats in the winter and keeping a cell phone with you and not running home in the dark on slippery roads while wearing flip-flops without a winter coat.

The chorus will go something like this:
And since nobody's dead, it's all kinda funny.
 

No comments: