Thursday, February 19, 2009

In Less Than Two Minutes

I was working with a group of Kindergarteners today and wondered if it was a full moon. In less than two minutes, I observed the following:
1. "Billy" picked up his backpack, swung in around and hit himself in the privates.
2. Not to be ignored, "Billy" announced loudly, "Hey! Ow! I just hit my privates with my bookbag!"
3. "Henry," twisting around to catch the privates-bashing incident, walked into a door frame. (I ignored them both)
4. "Jimmy," sitting quietly, raised his hand and asked if he could ask "Johnny" a question. (I gave him permission to do so.)
5. "Jimmy" asked, "Hey, Johnny, what's your dog's name?" (Not sure what that had to do with my activity . . .)
6. "Johnny" answered with a word that was unintelligible and the entire group laughed heartily.

Happiness must peak at age five. Seriously.

No comments: